Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Need count of unique devices for each event type

Check out this link...

Specifically example 6 at the bottom of the page.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"jengallo" wrote:

I'm trying to create a report on monitoring events, to show what types of
events are being received. For each event, I need to provide a count of how
many unique devices generated that event. For the range in question (4000+
rows), there are about 15 different event types, and 1900 different devices
generating these events. I've seen similar posts on this issue, but I can't
seem to get any of the suggested formulas to do what I need. I can't seem to
get a pivot table to provide the unique device count either. Any suggestions
are appreciated.