Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Farhad Farhad is offline

Default formula locates common data in a cell and drops them in other shee

Hi,

You can auto filter the sheet one and use custom filter and for HYPER make
your condition like:

Equals: *HYPER or for AA
Equals: *AA etc...

when you filtered it you can copy it to another sheet too

Thanks,
--
Farhad Hodjat

"Barry Walker" wrote:

I have a spread sheet with a range of data from columns A - I.
The number of rows always varies. In column G there is a number or reference
followed by a a group of letters. examples below,

123456HYPER

ABCD01PC01AA

ABCD01PC01PR

I need a formula that locates the 'HYPER' of all cells of column G that
contain HYPER and drop it with the corresponding contents of cells A - I into
a seperate sheet2.

the other formula of sheet3 would pick out the 'AA' in column G and drop it
and the corresponding details into sheet3

The formula for sheet 4 would pick out the 'PR' in column G and drop it and
the corresponding details into sheet 4.

In this case then the data would essentially be sorted from sheet1 and
dropped into sheets 2 3 and 4.

is this possible?

any help would be much appreicated!

Regards