Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Idoia Idoia is offline

Default working around errors - simplified

Thanks to both of you. Copy and paste is what I usually do when creating the
formula, but I go mad when I have to review or change really long formulas.
It also does not solve the RAND() issue. I was hoping someone had come up
with a more straightforward way!!

"Idoia" wrote:

Hello,

I need the result of a cell to show zero or blank if the result of my
formula is an error.

The easy way to do it is like tihs, which generally works fine:

=IF(ISERROR(formula),"",formula)

My problem is that my "formulas" sometimes include the RAND() function, so
the evaluation of the first part is not necessarily the same as the second
part. Also, for long formulas, it gets cumbersome and leads to more errors
having to enter them twice.

Is there a simplified way to achieve this, without having to type the
formula twice, and without having to use an extra cell?

Thanks!