Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Default Number of days between days

thanks

"Max" wrote:

Assuming your invoice dates are running in A2 down

you could place this in say, B2:
=IF(A2="","",IF(TODAY()-A230,"Overdue",TODAY()-A2))
and copy B2 down

Col B will return the difference in days or the msg: "Overdue" if the diff
exceeds 30 days. It'll return blanks: "" if there's nothing in col A (eg
empty cells)

If you want a more elaborate text msg for overdue cases with the number of
days included, try instead in B2:
=IF(A2="","",IF(TODAY()-A230,"Overdue-"&TEXT(TODAY()-A2,"d")&"
days",TODAY()-A2))

--
Max
Singapore
"Joe" wrote:
plus I would like to get a message on the right that the invoice is overdue
if 30days

"Joe" wrote:

How can I get the number an invoice is outstanding when I already have todays
date and the invoice date and I want to get just a number Thanks