Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default scatter and line combined

Share with us some typical X values and axis ranges of the line and XY
series.

You may be able to use the secondary axis or add some kind of offset to some
series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Ray Pendergast" wrote in message
Is it possible to create a chart that combines scatter and line elements?
I am comparing actual salaries with market standards. I can chart these
separately. I've got a line chart showing the 25th, Median and 75th
quartile
salaries for the industry at 1, 2, 3, etc. years of experience. I can
also
create a nice scatter graph that plots time on the X- and salary on the
Y-axis. The trouble comes when I want to combine the two.
The source data for the line chart has three columns of data (salaries
under
each category), plus a fourth for data series labels (# of years, whole
numbers). While the source data for the scatter is just two columns: time
(fractions of years) and salary.
Is there a common solution for this objective? If so, what topics in
Excel
help should I read up on?