Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
danhattan danhattan is offline

Default Trying to unprotect Checkboxes

I have a spreadsheet with 9 check boxes on it. I've protected the sheet, and
unchecked the Locked and Lock Text boxes under properties for the checkboxes.
I've also marked the cells over which the boxes sit as unlocked. However,
with the sheet protected, checking the boxes produces a dialog box stating
"The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore
read-only.", and then tells me to unprotect the sheet.

What am I missing here? Is there an additional step to making these
checkboxes usable while protecting the formulas elsewhere on the sheet?

Much appreciated for any help that anyone can offer. Thank you.