Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW MartinW is offline

Default compare Excel workbook column to another find same info

Hi Will,

I doubt this will solve your problem but it may be a step in
the right direction.

In your second sheet in A1 put a text value, say a10 (no = or ", just
plain a10)
In B1 put this formula =INDIRECT("Sheet1!"&A1)
Then select ALL of your data in the target column and apply Conditional
Formatting
with Cell value is; equal to; =$B$1
and set the pattern to some color.

Now everything in your second sheet that is equal to A10 in your original
sheet
should be highlighted.

Change the value in A1 to say a327
Whatever is in Sheet1 A327
will now be highlighted in Sheet2

It will need some refining to get what you actually want but I think
it is the sort of path that you need to follow.

HTH
Martin

"willirwin" wrote in message
What I am realy tring to do is compare/sort information. One column in
each
worksheat has a lot of different data I want to find the same data in both
so
I can compare the info in those rows.

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi Will,

What do you want to do with them when you find them?

For example you can count the number of times items in first
list appear in your second list like this,

Assuming
Sheet1 values in A1:A3000
Sheet2 values in A1:A12000

Put this in Sheet1 cell B1
=COUNTIF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$12000,A1)
And drag it down to B3000 (or just double click on the fill handle)

HTH
Martin

"willirwin" wrote in message
I have to worksheets the have of 3000 entries and I need to compare it
another worksheet that has over 12000 and I need to find the same infor
on
both is there a way to sort this out.