Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Melissa Melissa is offline

Default how to sum up a range of formulas?

My apologies for the unintelligible message and my thanks for your
suggestion.
In reality, my formula is more complex than the one given. What I'm
actually looking for is this: E f(x) (where E is the "sum of" symbol)
So, I need to specify what f(x) is, and apply that across my columns.
Instead of =sum(no.1, no.2, no.3, etc.), I would like =sum(f(x1), f(x2),
f(x3), etc.)

I hope this makes more sense...

"T. Valko" wrote:

Not sure what you mean by:

but I don't want to type it out... just drag and fill?

sum((A1+A2)*A3,(B1+B2)*B3,(C1+C2)*C3)

This formula does the same thing as the one above:

=SUMPRODUCT(A1:C1+A2:C2,A3:C3)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Melissa" wrote in message
I have 3 columns and 3 rows:
A1 B1 C1
A2 B2 C2
A3 B3 C3

In row 4, i have the formula: (A1+A2)*A3 which is applied to columns B and
Is there a formula which allows me to sum up row 4 without first obtaining
the values by columns A, B and C? i.e. something like:
sum((A1+A2)*A3,(B1+B2)*B3,(C1+C2)*C3)... but I don't want to type it
out...
just drag and fill?