Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Earl Kiosterud Earl Kiosterud is offline

Default import formatted text

Dap,

No tool in Excel to remove page headings. I've had to do that with a macro. I did one
recently that you could use, with modification to your print layout. It uses a text import
to bring the data in from the text file, then strips all but the actual records (headings,
sub-headings). My email address is at my site, below. I'll send it to you if you want to
start with it.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...
"dap_125" wrote in message
I have a formatted text report with headers that I need to import into Excel.
Is there an easy way to remove the headers so that I don't have to manually
delete them all? Or import the data without the headers, or just format the
headers.
The report has over 1000 pages.