Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mr BT[_3_] Mr BT[_3_] is offline

Default Detach different WORKSHEETS in one WORKBOOK into DIFFERENT WORKBOOKS

"Mr BT" wrote in message

"Positive" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 10, 12:04 pm, Positive wrote:
On Aug 6, 4:30 pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

You could run a macro.

Sub Make_New_Books()
Dim w As Worksheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
For Each w In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
w.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" &
w.Name
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Next w
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:26:13 -0000, Positive
wrote:
Please help.

I have a workbook of about 100 worhsheets. How do I detach these 100
worksheets into 100 DIFFERENT WORKBOOKS without copy/paste and save
manually every single sheet so that they can be 100 independent excel
workbooks.

Many thanks

Lan- Hide quoted text -

Guys,
Thank you so much but I have never used MACRO before; therefore what
you wrote is pretty advanced and foreign to me. Can you pls give me
some instructions which are more for MACRO beginners?

Many thanks
Lan- Hide quoted text -

Awesome! Now i figure it out and it does work. Thank you so much for
your help
Lan

This has actually helped me as well, thank you.
However, I was wondering how could you change that so the "copied"
worksheets save as *.csv files?

I figured it out.
I added something to the end of the saveas line
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & w.Name,
FileFormat:=xlCSV, CreateBackup:=False