Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default import formatted text

A little more info about the import results and we may be able to help better.

Do these 1000+ pages come into a single Excel sheet or are they split across
multiple sheets (if so, how many? 10? 1000+)?

Is it safe to assume that what you're getting are the headers showing up in
the middle of the sheet of data at the beginning of each new 'page' of data
like:
HEADER
data
data
data
HEADER
data
data
data

If so, is there a pattern (header appears first at row X and then again
every Y number of rows after that)? Or perhaps the text in the header is
unique and identifiable (if so, what is the text)?

"dap_125" wrote:

I have a formatted text report with headers that I need to import into Excel.
Is there an easy way to remove the headers so that I don't have to manually
delete them all? Or import the data without the headers, or just format the
headers.
The report has over 1000 pages.