Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Data Validation Question

1. Only a except a 9 digit Cheque Number.

Will any check numbers have leading zeros like this:

000123456

If so, what data type are these check numbers? Are they custom formatted
numbers so the leading zeros will display or are they entered as text?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"SiH23" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with columns X, Z, AB, AD, AF and AH labelled with the
following column headings: Cheque Number 1, Cheque Number 2, Cheque Number
3
etc.

How do I set Data Validation on these columns to do the following:

1. Only a except a 9 digit Cheque Number.
2. To not allow any duplicate entires in any of the columns listed above.
For example; a value entered into Column Z will be cross referenced with
values in Z, AB, AD and AH to see if it has been duplicated.

Is this possible?

If not I would be quite happy with just duplicate values to be located in
an
individual column only. For example, for the validation process to search
on
a single column only.

Kind regards,

Simon.