Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Auto-populate, Auto-copy or Auto-fill?

Select column A and F5SpecialBlanksOK

Enter an = sign in active cell then point or arrow up to cell above and hit CTRL
+ ENTER

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:50:01 -0700, Jay S. <Jay
wrote:

I'm trying to work with an export from a Lotus Notes db <grumble. My first
column contains sporadic entries (with blank cells between), as each of the
column A entries are associated with column B entries in the rows where the
column A cell is empty. For example:

red
apple
firetruck
wagon
yellow
canary
lemon

If cell A1 is "red" in my example, how can I autopopulate A2-A4 to also be
"red" and A6-A7 to autopopulate with "yellow" based on that value in A5? Is
there some formular expression that I could use. I'm not VisualBasic
skilled, but could something simple be done there?