JulieD

Hi

if your sheet names have spaces in them you'll need modify the formula to
=SUM('January 2005:December 2005'!D34)

that's a single quote mark before the January and before the !

Cheers
JulieD

"Fybo" wrote in message
Thanks for all your help guys...and quick!!

I've tried =SUM(January 2005:December 2005!D34) but the cell just displays
the function and not the result. Is the function wrong or am I missing
something.

Have I got all the spaces and characters correct?

Thanks again, Fybo.

"Domenic" wrote:

Assuming that each sheet contains the 'Total' figure in cell A100, try...

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet12!A100)

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"Fybo" wrote:

Hi,

I am compiling an annual report with 12 sheets (one per month) and a
final
13th summary sheet.

Each of the 12 monthly sheets are identical and I want to add the
totals for
each month and present it as an annual figure on the final sheet (sheet
#13).

I cannot figure out how to get Excel to look at all my sheets and total
these on the final.

Can it be done? Can anyone help!!

Many thanks,

Fybo.