Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Middleton Mike Middleton is offline

Default Pivot tables

Old Keith -

If your data have a date/time field that contains actual dates and times
(not text), then you can use a Pivot Table to group by month and year (and
then hide the details).

- Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"Old Keith" wrote in message
I have downloaded my credit card details over the years into Excel. What
I'd
like to do now is to have Pivot produce a report showing just the amount
spent for each month, with the years grand total. Is there a simpler way
of
doing this,other than adding another column with a lookup entry that
returns
the months, as I'm doing now? Thanks in advance.