Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MartinW MartinW is offline

Default how do I alphabetize a list that is already in excel.

Hi alphanames,

How is your data set out? Are the names, addresses, phone numbers all
in one column or several columns?

Your list can definitely be sorted the way you want but there are many
different approaches depending on how your data is setup and equally
important is what outcome you wish to achieve.

HTH
Martin

"alpha names" <alpha wrote in message
I have a project in excel. It is a list of names of all of our clients. I
need to put this list in alpabetibe order. The first name is first and
the
last name is typed last. There is also address,phone numbers.etc. How can
do this or can I not