Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Karen Karen is offline

Default If/Then Statement

Thanks again Pete - If you could help me with one ore conditional
formatting. I have a date in cell N1 and the conditional formatting is set
to turn red if it's <= Today - Like you just helped me with. If I enter a
date in cell O1, I want the date in cell N1 to change back from red to black.
How can this be done?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated, Karen

"Pete_UK" wrote:

You're welcome, Karen - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Aug 9, 2:36 pm, Karen wrote:
Thank you VERY much for your help.

"Pete_UK" wrote:
Select Formula Is rather than Cell Contents Is in the CF panel, then
enter this formula:

=N1<=TODAY()

then click on the Format button and Patterns tab (for background
colour) and click on red, then OK your way out.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 8, 10:16 pm, Karen wrote:
Thank you everyone for your help. I want to add some conditional formatting
in column N. Let's say that if today's date is equal to or greater than the
date in cell N1, I want to change the background to red. I'm familiar with
changing the formatting; I just don't know what formula to use.

Thank you, Karen

"Karen" wrote:
I need help with an IF/THEN statement if anyone can be so kind.
The formula will be placed in column U.

In column F there could be a number 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.
In column N will be a date.

This is the scenario:
If cell F1 has a 1, 2 or 3, then cell U1 equals N1 + 16 days.
If cell F1 has a 4 or 5, then I want an N/A in cell U1.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated, Karen- Hide quoted text -