Don Guillett

Did you SAVE the workbook after trying these things?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Anik" wrote in message
I have an Excel file of 1 worksheet, containing data in about 20 rows by

20
columns, which is 310 kB ! I noticed copying the range of cells A3:E7 and
pasting it doubles the file size, but I cannot find anything wrong in

those
cells. I tried the following:
1) If I copy all worksheet and paste it in a new worksheet file, the new
file size is the same, 300kB
2) If I copy and paste all the data column by column, the new file size is
16 kB !
3) If I copy all worksheet and paste values only, the new file size is 14

kB
4) If I delete all the data and the cell formats in the original

worksheet,
I still get a large size of 300 kB !
This is weird. I have nothing in the worksheet, no hidden worksheet, and I
really deleted the rows and columns by selecting them and pressing DELETE.
When I press CTRL-END, the cursor stays at cell A1.

Please help me understand this !

Thanks,
Anik