pajordan

Default PivotChart Data Field - can it be value?

I have a data set of nodes that generated error codes at different times. I
want to plot the data with a separate series for each error code, with time
on the x-axis and node on the y-axis. I want to use a PivotChart so I can
select to show only certain error codes or nodes of interest. I am having
trouble setting up the PivotChart (Excel2000). I can't do it as a scatter
plot (not allowed for PivotCharts), so I chose Line with Markers. The
problem is the data field - the available options are like Sum, Count,
Average, etc. but I want it to be Value, as in the value of the node.
(Better to see a picture of it:
http://photobucket.com/albums/y17/pa...questio n.jpg
hope that works)
Am I going about this the wrong way? Any advice? Thanks.