Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lisa Lisa is offline

Default macro change formatting

Thank you so much for the help. It works like a charm.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

How would the change take place?

Manually or by formula?

One-time change like from 1234 to 5678?

You could probably use Conditional Formatting for a one-timer for either.

=$D2<1234 and format to green colour and red font.

Or worksheet_change event code.

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A100")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
On Error GoTo CleanUp
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
If .Value < "" Then
.Font.ColorIndex = 3
.Interior.ColorIndex = 10
End If
End With
CleanUp:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

This is sheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code".

Copy/paste the code into that module.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:08:03 -0700, Lisa wrote:

Help Please€¦ I am new to righting macros in visual basics. I have an excel
sheet I distribute to others. What I need is a macro that will change the
color of a cell (green) and the color of the text (red) when the information
in the cell has been changed.