Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Can the Match function handle more than 7 variables?

MATCH can handle many more than 7 possible values. Try it and see.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Zakynthos" wrote in message
I've been using the Match function to assign up to 7 values to variables
in
an array but need a formula that will handle up to perhaps 20 or more
variables in this way.

Say, in cell B3 I wanted to lookup the values and assign a score of '1'
for
value x (where x is a constant), '2' for value (x+3), '3' for variable
(x+17) ... etc to '25' for value (x+39)

Could the Vlookup function be used to get these scores and if so what
would
be the formula to?

Many thanks