Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
CLarke CLarke is offline

Default Chart Data Recovery

I have a dilemma I have a spreadsheet that only has a chart in it, that was
linked to another spreadsheet. The other spreadsheet has disappeared (HD
died and data was not recoverable and no backups were made). I can see that
the chart still has all of the correct data points in it, because I cna hover
the mouse over the line and it will tell me the values.
Is there a way to extract the data from the chart so I can rebuild my
original spreadsheet. The amount of data is 4 daily readings of 4 different
values from the Financial markets over thelast 4 years, so it is a lot of
data.

Clarke