Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chandler Chandler is offline

Default Extracting data from a long list

Hi. I have a very long list (1000+) of names of hotels in column A and
against each entry there is some data in column B. I want to be able to
somehow extract the data for just six or so hotels at a time without having
to go to each respective row (the hotels can be anywhere in the list). In
other words I'd like to type in a much shorter list of hotels and have Excel
paste somewhere on the sheet a list with just the data for those hotels. I
think I knew how to do this once. Very grateful for any help.

Chandler