Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nastech nastech is offline

Default Automate a formula in excel

hi, not sure if your mean columns or rows, if do mean "row" will try to use
the OFFSET() function, but with just what you showed in characters:
=IF(OR(A1="",B1=""),"",A1+B1)

which reads if either a1 or b1 = nothing, then nothing (TRUE), else perform
operation (FALSE).

"Farris" wrote:

Hello. I am trying to figure out how to have a formula automatically be
applied to the next row but only once information has been entered into the
cell which the formula applies.

Like if I wanted to add a1 + b1 and have the result in c1. How would I set
up the formula so that a result for c2 would only show and be applied if I
entered information in a2 and b2? Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks for any help.

Farris