Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Leland7 Leland7 is offline

Default Formula for elapsed time + grand total

I had some cells that weren't formatted as you first said and once I changed
them, it worked. Thank you very much for your help!

"Toppers" wrote:

My sum comes to 24:35:20 ... how do you calculate it?

"Leland7" wrote:

The formula for Column C works out fine, but the Grand Total column isn't
giving the correct answer. The total hours should be about 24+ hours, not
the answer of 1128:35:20. Can you assist? Thank you!

Col A Col B Col C
Begin End Elapsed
18:21:52 19:24:33 1:02:41
22:16:08 06:36:37 8:20:29
19:56:01 00:44:31 4:48:30
11:49:14 17:13:53 5:24:39
12:01:04 13:08:31 1:07:27
13:47:44 16:30:08 2:42:24
15:33:57 16:33:39 0:59:42
18:12:49 18:22:17 0:09:28

Total Elapsed 1128:35:20

"Toppers" wrote:

use:

=Mod(B1-A1,1) to get value in column C

Format your Total cell as [hh]:mm:ss

"Leland7" wrote:

I have 2,300 entries of time. Column A is beginning time (23:30:48) and
Column B is ending time (01:18:24). I need to calculated elapsed time in
Column C and then add the sum of Column C to determine Average elapsed time
of the 2,300 entries. I have columns A B & C formated [h]:mm:ss. Problem is
fine until start before midnight and end after, the formula doesn't work.
Also, adding down column C for a grand total, doesn't work. Appears to not
want to go past 24.