Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Formula for elapsed time + grand total

Use:

=MOD(B1-A1,1)

or:

=B2-A2+(B2<A2)

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Leland7" wrote in message
I have 2,300 entries of time. Column A is beginning time (23:30:48) and
Column B is ending time (01:18:24). I need to calculated elapsed time in
Column C and then add the sum of Column C to determine Average elapsed
time
of the 2,300 entries. I have columns A B & C formated [h]:mm:ss. Problem
is
fine until start before midnight and end after, the formula doesn't work.
Also, adding down column C for a grand total, doesn't work. Appears to
not
want to go past 24.