Max

One way ..

Put in say K2:

=SUMPRODUCT((J2:J100)*(D2:D10="C5"))

Adapt the ranges to suit
--
Rgds
Max
xl 97
---
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----
"Jess" wrote in message
Hello,
what I am trying to accomplish is to get a formula that will count a value
that is greater than 0 say in column j5:j40 but I only want it to do it if

it
meets a certain criteria say if column d5:d40="C5", I seem to be stumped

and
I have not been able to come up with any formulas for it. written in

normal
terms i would like something like if any row in column d5:d40 equals "C5"
then count the value from column j5:j40 if it matches the row in d5:d40.
Don't know if this makes any sense to anyone but I would surely appreciate
any help I can get. Thanks in advance.