Jess

Default Counting Values that meet another cells criteria

Hello,
what I am trying to accomplish is to get a formula that will count a value
that is greater than 0 say in column j5:j40 but I only want it to do it if it
meets a certain criteria say if column d5:d40="C5", I seem to be stumped and
I have not been able to come up with any formulas for it. written in normal
terms i would like something like if any row in column d5:d40 equals "C5"
then count the value from column j5:j40 if it matches the row in d5:d40.
Don't know if this makes any sense to anyone but I would surely appreciate
any help I can get. Thanks in advance.