Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Balan Balan is offline

Default Selective extraction of data from a table

Many Thanks. It was a useful site with lot of sample files. However, I have
not succeeded so far in solving my problem. the macro is working when used
with each name separately. But how to get the result for all names at a time
is my problem. Further, I do not know why, the same formula used in the
macro for max date is not working when I use under Advanced filter. I
entered it in the criteria range as an array formula and tried. Some times I
am only getting the headings in the results area. Without the formula some
results are being extracted , but that was not sufficient to meet my
requirement of getting the latest transaction for each name.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

There's a sample file here that may help you:

Under Filters, look for 'FL0019 - Filter Latest Date for Customer'

It uses an advanced filter to extract the latest Sale record for the
selected customer. In the criteria range, the formula for MaxDate checks
each record for the latest date.

Balan wrote:
Hi ! I have a table of several rows and columns. I want to extract the
values of select rows fully. The rows I want to select based on 3 different
criteria. For example, the array is a4:m50. Column A has dates.Column B has
names of the customers. Column C lists whether the transaction is "Purchase"
or "Sale". Column D has the unit value. I want to extract the entire row
values for "Sale" transactions by say customer X in column B on one of the
latest dates i.e, if the customer has sold material on more than one day, I
want the data relating to latest date. Through a formula I want to extract
data in respect of more than one customer. Is this possible ? Can any one of
you help ?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures