Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Octavio[_2_] Octavio[_2_] is offline

Default Erasing contents and leaving the formula

Thanks for your repply.
What I mean is, this is an example:
I have a time sheet for one week with the timing spent on different
projects each day of that week in rows and columns with the "total"
converging on the lower right hand corner of the page.
Then I want to reuse the same form for the following week, so I erase all
the numbers for the previous week, but I want to keep the sum formulas so I
would not have to recreate these again.
Right now I erase the formulas when I erase the numbers, so I assume that
there is a setting somewhere that will allow me to erase the numbers without
erasing the formulas.
Please advise if there is one.

"Mike H" wrote in message

An example of what you are trying to do would help but if I understand
correctly you might try copying the cell and then 'paste special' 'paste
values'.

The will replace the formula (=a1+a2) with the result of that formula.

Mike

"Octavio" wrote:

What is the way to leave the formula (sum, etc.) intact after erasing the
contents inside? Where I do set this?
Thanks in advance.