Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nmeyer Nmeyer is offline

Default remove time stamp from date in excel

Thanks Ron. This seemed to work.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

If you want to actually truncate the dates before the time stamp....

Try this:

Select the column of date/times to be impacted

From the Excel main menu:
<data<text-to-columns
Step_1: Check: Delimited..........Click [Next]
Step_2: Check: Space..............Click [Next]
Step_3: Check: Select the 2nd column (with the time in it)
..........Check: Do not import column
..........Repeat for any other columns to the right of the date
..........Click [Finish]

That will replace the Date/Time values with just the Date portion
(Remember to set the number format to one that only displays a Date)

Is that something you can work with?
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

"Nmeyer" wrote:

I have pasted data from project into excel. I have the project dates with a
time stamp 07/14/07 10:12 PM. I want to strip the time portion off from the
date. Format just changes the appearance but does not remove the hidden time
stamp.