Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Why still no AUTO SAVE in Excel 2007?

THEGENE7

Jan Karel Pieterse has an addin called AutoSafe
which doen't alert before saving.

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves. It saves to a user
selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or
puts them in the recycle bin). And the user can always restore the backups
from the recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/download.asp

(look for AutoSafe.zip)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 10:57:28 -0500, Bob I wrote:

That says AutoSave is in Outlook.

Dave F wrote:

There's an autosave feature in XL 07; it's just hidden. See here for
more info: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...407291033.aspx

Dave

On Aug 7, 9:20 am, THEGENE7
wrote:

There seems to be no Auto Save in Excel. The Auto Recovery has not worked
for any Excel program under certain conditons. I have lost and lost and lost
date. I get tired of clicking save every time I stop working on a document.
I guess I am going to have to buy a program that does it, and there are a lot
of ones out there. I have not been able to get Microsoft to ever say why
that took the add-in out, but it seems like a very stupid move. Does anyone
out there know of a good free program for this, or one that is not 20 dollars
or more. I don't need the tons of bells and whistles on those programs, nor
to I want them. Just a simple Auto Save.