Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default return an empty string in VBA

wrote in message
ps.com...
Instead of = "", you need to write = """"
So there are 4 sets of double inverted commas rather than the usual 2.

I need 6 sets to return "" ie """ returns "

I was assuming that the OP wanted an empty string as in IF(A1=10,""......

his code returns what I would call an empty string as it is - LEN(A1) is
zero and =ISTEXT(A1) is FALSE

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

wrote in message
ps.com...
Instead of = "", you need to write = """"
So there are 4 sets of double inverted commas rather than the usual 2.

Hope this helps,

Peter

On 7 Aug, 16:31, Dave F wrote:
I'm trying to use the following code to return an empty string in a
range of cells if any value in the range is FALSE:

Application.EnableEvents = False
For Each R In Range("A1:A7")
If R.Value = False Then R.Value = ""
Next
Application.EnableEvents = True

The problem is this code returns the actual quote marks "" in the
cells, not an empty string. R is set as a variant.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Dave