Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Formula Evaluator Addin???

You can also highlight parts of a formula and then press F9 to see the
result of that particular section, i.e.

=IF(A2="","",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,MasterList,0))," ","Invalid"))

if you highlight ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,MasterList,0))

then press F9 you will see either TRUE or FALSE, then to exit from the
formula press escape, don't press enter or you will hardcode in FALSE in
that particular section

Peo Sjoblom

"Mike" wrote in message
Is there an addin out there that will evaluate parts of a formula? I
thought
I remember seeing one that where you could highlight part of a formula in
the
formula bar, and it would pop up a bubble giving the result of only that
part
of the formula. Like I'm using INDIRECTS with MATCHES and things like
that,
just to come up with a Column Letter to use in a formula, and I'd like
something so I could highlight that part to see if it results in the
correct
column letter, without cutting and pasting that part into it's own
formula.
Any ideas?