Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Return Value from a Filtered List

To show the value that has been selected in the AutoFilter dropdown, you
can create a User Defined Function. There's a sample file he

Under Filters, look for 'FL0007 - Highlight AutoFilter Headings'

In cells I1:O1 are formulas that return the filter criteria, based on a
user defined function that was posted by Tom Ogilvy.
You could adapt that to your workbook.

wrote:
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me. I have chart that I
would like to title based on a user's selection from a filtered list.
The title is identical to whatever the user picks from an AutoFiltered
List. I am having trouble referencing the cell using dynamic titles
because it never returns the value in the same position (the filter
shows values but also has many hidden rows). I thought if I could
populate the user's selection in another field and then reference this
other field, that would help me title my graph.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures