Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Any new developments in the Excel 2007 slow charting problem?

Thanks for posting your results.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

wrote in message
Hi
I gave up waiting for MS to contact me regarding the hotfix, and
downloaded it instead from http://thehotfixshare.net. It installed OK
and it fixed the recalculate-and-slowly-redraw-while-stepping-through
problem. Excel still crashed though. I stepped through, and by trial
and error found that the offending line of code was this:

With cht.SeriesCollection(n)
'Causes crash in excel 2007
.Border.ColorIndex = DataCols.Cells(i).Offset(3, 0)
End With

I thought this might be a datatype problem, and sure enough this fixed
it:

With cht.SeriesCollection(n)
'No more crashes in excel 2007
.Border.ColorIndex = CLng(DataCols.Cells(i).Offset(3, 0))
End With

Weird. Anyway, everything now seems to be working OK. The charting
seems to be just as quick as with versions 2000 and 2003. Thanks again
for the help,
Gromit