Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SREESE SREESE is offline

Default How do I create different hyperlinks within one cell in Excel

I figured it was a long shot because I've been all over trying to get an
answer. Maybe there is someone else out there that knows or maybe Microsoft
will add this feature?? I hope so!

Thanks for your repy!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You can use Insert|Hyperlink to add a hyperlink to a cell.

You can put shapes over the cell (not in it) and assign different hyperlinks to
each shape.

I don't know a way to accomplish what you want. I'd bet that there isn't a
way. (But I've been wrong before.)

SREESE wrote:

I have Office 2003.

This works great if you wrap the text but I need to have multiple hyperlinks
in a cell without wrapping the text. I have a lot of information in cell A-1
and it goes all the way down to Y or Z column or whatever. If I double click
the cell then I can see all the info in A-1 instead of it going all the way
down. Is there a way to make certain text within a cell a hyperlink without
inserting a shape? Or, is there a way to insert a shape into a cell instead
of it being "on top" of the cell?

Please reply in detail. I am not the most technical person in the world but
I do know a little! :-)

Thanks in advance!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe you can cheat.

Format the text in the cell so that the "hyperlink" part is blue/underscored
(just give it that appearance). Then put a rectangle from the drawing toolbar
(hide the borders) over that text.

Assign your hyperlink to the rectangle (not the cell).

Repeat for each link you need.

GeorgeD wrote:

I need to have different items in the same cell(in Excel 2003), linking to
different areas within the Excel doc. Basically, I need to have numerous
hyperlinks within one cell. However, I only seem to be able make a link out
of an entire cell. I there any way around this?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson