Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default CF to distinguish Formulas from Inputs

Ok, that'll work but it's using "reverse" logic. How about this using
"straight" logic...

InsertNameDefine
Name: IsConstant
Refers to: =NOT(GET.CELL(48,INDIRECT("RC",FALSE)))

Then

Again, assuming the range of interest is A1:A10
Conditional Formatting
Formula Is: =AND(A1<"",IsConstant)

The addition of AND(A1<"" keeps empty cells from being highlighted.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Brian Ballek" wrote in message
Yup, that did it - Fantastic! What I actually wanted was to highlight
values that *aren't* from formulas (so all the variables in a sheet are
clearly seen) but for that I just modified the CF to

=IsFormula=False

THANKS!

T. Valko wrote:
Here's a non-VBA method

Create this named formula:

Goto InsertNameDefine
Name: IsFormula
Refers to: =GET.CELL(48,INDIRECT("RC",FALSE))
OK

Apply conditional formatting to the cells in question.
Assume this range of cells is A1:A10
Select the range A1:A10
Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is: =IsFormula