Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default CF to distinguish Formulas from Inputs

Here's a non-VBA method

Create this named formula:

Goto InsertNameDefine
Name: IsFormula
Refers to: =GET.CELL(48,INDIRECT("RC",FALSE))
OK

Apply conditional formatting to the cells in question.
Assume this range of cells is A1:A10
Select the range A1:A10
Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is: =IsFormula
Click the Format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Brian Ballek" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to have Excel format cells with values
that are inputs (i.e. directly entered and NOT the result of formulas) so
that I can quickly distinguish actual values from the formulas used to
project the trends of these values into the future. But Excel seems to see
both types of cells as values regardless of whether the value was directly
entered or derived from a formula.

I'd be happy for any solution that will work, whether CF, user-defined
number format, or VBA. I've tried all 3 and haven't cracked it but my
knowledge of VBA is pretty limited.

Many thanks!
Brian Ballek