Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default CF to distinguish Formulas from Inputs

Brian

Function IsFormula(cell)
IsFormula = cell.HasFormula
End Function

CFFormula is: =IsFormula(cellref)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 22:57:29 +0200, Brian Ballek
wrote:

Hi All,

I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to have Excel format cells with
values that are inputs (i.e. directly entered and NOT the result of
formulas) so that I can quickly distinguish actual values from the
formulas used to project the trends of these values into the future. But
Excel seems to see both types of cells as values regardless of whether
the value was directly entered or derived from a formula.

I'd be happy for any solution that will work, whether CF, user-defined
number format, or VBA. I've tried all 3 and haven't cracked it but my
knowledge of VBA is pretty limited.

Many thanks!
Brian Ballek