Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BoniM BoniM is offline

Default Row eight and row width

In both excel 2003 and 2007, when i draw a line and set the measurement to 5"
and print... it is 5" on my print out.
There are some things that can change the length of a line after you set
it... adjusting the printout scale in page set up or adjusting the column
with of any column that line is over are a couple of examples.
If you want lines to print with exact measurements, add them after you're
happy with everything else so that you don't have to keep adjusting them
because you adjusted other stuff.
Be aware tho, that even printer preferences can, in some cases, make
adjustments in sizes when it prints, if you have a scaling or fit to page
option turned on and of course, Excel has no control over that.
Good luck!

"shapiro" wrote:

I see what you mean. I drew a five inch line using Autoshape but when I
printed it out it was measured at five and a quarter inches. So excel cannot
print to scale. I guess we have to wait until excel 2020 before microsoft
gets it right