Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
C Brandt C Brandt is offline

Default VBA - Setting up a Chart series

Jon:

This line gives me a Compile Error - Syntax Error.

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "='Chart Setup'!R" &
StrtDatePtr "C27:R9525C27"

Craig

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
The syntax is fine. What type of chart is it? Is the series already

visible,
or does it not yet have plottable data? Does StrtDate actually equal
something?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"C Brandt" wrote in message
Probably very elementary, but I need some more help.

I have set up a chart to show data just the way I like it and the only
thing
I want to do is change the series data.

Fundamentally, I have a table with dates from Jan '05 to July '07 with
client's data for that entire period. What I would like to do is show
snapshots of that data using varying Start and Stop dates. I have
calculated
the index for both the start and stop dates and would like to pop them
into
the Series for the chart.

When I do this manually, I get something like below:

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).XValues = "='Chart

Setup'!R642C27:R925C27"

I tried using:

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).XValues = "='Chart Setup'!R" & StrtDate
"C27:R925C27"

Where StrtDate is the row number, but it doesn't work.

What is a very simple way of doing this?

Thanks,

Craig