Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default VBA - Setting up a Chart series

The syntax is fine. What type of chart is it? Is the series already visible,
or does it not yet have plottable data? Does StrtDate actually equal
something?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"C Brandt" wrote in message
Probably very elementary, but I need some more help.

I have set up a chart to show data just the way I like it and the only
thing
I want to do is change the series data.

Fundamentally, I have a table with dates from Jan '05 to July '07 with
client's data for that entire period. What I would like to do is show
snapshots of that data using varying Start and Stop dates. I have
calculated
the index for both the start and stop dates and would like to pop them
into
the Series for the chart.

When I do this manually, I get something like below:

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).XValues = "='Chart Setup'!R642C27:R925C27"

I tried using:

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).XValues = "='Chart Setup'!R" & StrtDate
"C27:R925C27"

Where StrtDate is the row number, but it doesn't work.

What is a very simple way of doing this?

Thanks,

Craig