Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Default Selective extraction of data from a table

Use Autofilter.....choose "Purchase" in that column, and choose the most
recent date from the date column dropdown. It will return the row(s) IAW
those conditions.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Balan" wrote:

I tried to sort data using autofilter and advanced filter. Both were not
helpful. My data has the following columns:

Date Name Transaction Qty

The transaction could be "Purchase" or "Sale". Under same names different
types of transactions could be there on different dates.

I want the "Qty" data for the latest date in respect of "Purchase" made by
each per son ( "names"). The latest date is different for different names.
However. When I used advanced filter I am not able to get the required data.
In the criteria range for advanced filter under the Date column I used
=Max() function to filter the latest date for each name. But I am getting
the latest date for the entire range put together (i.e., the max date of all
entries in Date column), instead of the max date for each name under
"Purchase". I tried Index and Match functions also; But I am not able to
frame the formula to suit my requirement using these two functions. Can
you pl help ? Thanks in advance

"CLR" wrote:

Take a look at Data Filter Autofilter..........you should be able to
filter to any specs you have and then copy and paste the resulting
data.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Balan" wrote:

Hi ! I have a table of several rows and columns. I want to extract the
values of select rows fully. The rows I want to select based on 3 different
criteria. For example, the array is a4:m50. Column A has dates.Column B has
names of the customers. Column C lists whether the transaction is "Purchase"
or "Sale". Column D has the unit value. I want to extract the entire row
values for "Sale" transactions by say customer X in column B on one of the
latest dates i.e, if the customer has sold material on more than one day, I
want the data relating to latest date. Through a formula I want to extract
data in respect of more than one customer. Is this possible ? Can any one of
you help ?