Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
brodiemac brodiemac is offline

Default Another cell protection question

I have a spreadsheet I need to protect in a unique way. I have cells that
have conditional formatting that works like this: Cells in column D have a
drop down menu. When SOLD is selected from Cell D4, the entire row 4 changes
color to Red. If SALE PENDING is selected, the entire row turns yellow.
Other cells in the row require input but some people have chosen to copy and
paste one cell to another totally messing up the conditional formatting. I
want to allow data entry but I want to prevent cut/copy/paste in the
worksheet. Is there a way to protect a cell so that it can have data entered
into it but not cut/pasted in or out of?