Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zone[_3_] Zone[_3_] is offline

Default Excel 2002: How to retain default formating after pasting ?

Low,
One thing you could do is to save a copy of the worksheet that's formatted
the way you like it. Then,
1. Load the new sheet (not on the formatted sheet, but on another sheet).
2. Display the worksheet that's formatted like you want it
3. Click on the rectangle above the row numbers and to the left of the
column letters to select the whole sheet. Click on the format painter
(paint brush on toolbar).
4. Display the new sheet
5. Click on the rectangle above the row numbers and to the left of the
column letters to paste the format to the entire sheet.
Hope this helps!
James
"Mr. Low" wrote in message
Dear Sir,

Frequently, I need to copy and paste reports generated by other business
system to Excel Worksheet for further analysis.

These reports usually come in Excel Reader or Excel Formats.

I find that whenever these reports are pasted to the Excel Worksheet, it
retain it retain its original formatting instead of following the default
formatting of my worksheet.

The formating involve are font type, font color and date format.

Usually I need to customize it back to my desire format manually.

I feel more comfortable working with MS San Serif blue font and do not
require the time clock after the date

This is time consuming and tedious when dealing with large number of big
spreadsheet daily.

May I know is there a way to set the Excel 2002 worksheet to retain my
desire formatting after pasting?

If this is not possible for Excel 2002 , may I know if this feature is
already available under Excel 2007 ?

Thanks

Low

A36B58K641