Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chopper Chopper is offline

Default HIGHTLIGHT ROW BASED ON TEXT IN ANOTHER CELL

Thanks JMB,IT WORKED A TREAT.
Now i need to know if there is a way of applying this Formula to the whole
sheet.
EG
When there is "xx" in cell k23 or l23 or m23 then 23 is highlighted.
I want to do this from row 2 through to row 32.

Chopper

Select all of row 23 (or however much of it you want highlighted
Format/Conditional formatting
Formula is
=$K$23="XX"
then select your format preference.

"Chopper" wrote:

Hi all,
I want to highlight a row based on the contents of a single cell.
EG
K23 has "XX"
I want to highlight the whole of row 23.
It has to be based on that cell only as columns on either side also contain
"xx" and i dont want to inclued these in the calculation.
Any help would be much apprietated.