Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Default Viewing Comments on a Protected Spreadsheet

Hi,

Do the following before protecting the Worksheet:

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
The Options dialog box is displayed.
2. Click the View tab.
3. Under Comments section, Click and select the Comment Indicator only option.
4. Click OK to save the settings and return to the worksheet.
5. On the Tools menu, point to Protection, and click Protect Sheet.
The Protect Sheet dialog sheet is dispalyed.
6. Enter the Password to Protect worksheet and content of locked cell.
7. In the Allow all users of this worksheet to list, Select Locked cells and
Select Unlocked cells check boxes.
8. Click OK to return to the worksheet.
9. On the File menu, click Save to save the Workbook.

Challa Prabhu

"Pendelfin" wrote:

I have created a spreadsheet, which I need to protect so only certain cells
will be completed.

As the cells to be completed contain validation rules, I have entered a
comment in the header for each column. However when I protect my workheet
you are unable to see this comment.

Can anyone suggest a way around this.

Many Thanks for your suggestions in advance.