Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul B Paul B is offline

Default Counting colours

robo, have a look at Chip's page here and see if that will work for you

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003
"robo" wrote in message

I would appreciate some help with Excel, I have a worksheet where I want
to count colours. For example I have a timesheet which highlights in red
in the cells when a person is on duty for a 7 day period.

I have tried countif..etc however I can't get it to work and I don't want
to put a letter in each of the cells for example a 'D' when the person is
on duty, however I know that countif will work using a letter.

I would be grateful for any help.

Regards,