Don Guillett

I was trying to show you how a formula comes about as parts of a whole. Did
you try the last line changing the range to yours and the , "",1 to ,"",
your formula

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Brian" wrote in message
Could you explain your answer? I am not sure how this all comes together

into
a one cell formula.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

=vlookup(1,d2:d22,1,0)
=isna(vlookup(1,d2:d22,1,0))
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(1,D2:D22,1,0)),"",1)
maybe you want
=IF(or(ISNA(VLOOKUP(1,D2:D22,1,0),b12<o12)),"",1)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Brian" wrote in message
I have a VLOOKUP that checks the information of 2 cells against a

table to
determine the proper information to be displayed. It works fine except

when
there is not any information yet placed in the cells. The that #NA

shows
up
when I just want it to be blank. I tried the ISNA, but I think I am

doing
something wrong because I am getting the Error "You Have Entered Too

Many
Arguments For This Function"

Here is my function. What am I doing wrong?

=IF(ISNA($B12<$O$12,VLOOKUP(C12,$K$14:$O$18,4,FALS E)),"",VLOOKUP(C12,$K$14:$
O$18,5,FALSE))

It works fine if I remove the (ISNA and the ),"" piece.
Help me